Friday, August 26, 2011

Summer Snapshots

I've accumulated quite a few photos over the last few weeks I would like to share.  Here's a recap of summer moments to take in before the days become shorter, the air cooler, and September creeps upon us.  I think these photos best capture the essence of my summer.  Hopefully you won't feel cheated by a lack of recipe this time around.  I've included a few food related photos that should keep you content in the meantime.   


~A morning of blueberry and raspberry picking on the farm with my nieces and husband...










~Fresh field picked flowers sitting on my windowsill...






~Weekend watching sunsets on Kennebunk Pond in Maine...




~Perusal around the Kennebunk Farmers' Market.  I just love flowers in mason jars...








~Savoring summer by indulging in a Maine blueberry and peach crepe...










~Sunflowers picked from a field in Newbury...








~Fruit bowl filled with late August peaches and first of the season apples...






~Lazy summer nights...



6 comments:

Simply Life said...

wow! so many gorgeous pictures!!

By the way, you are one of the Teeccino Giveaway winners! Please send me your name, address and flavor of choice to simplylife1@gmail.com by 9/1

Here are the flavors: http://teeccino.com/about/86/Teeccino%27s-Flavor-Descriptions.html

Thanks!
Gina @ Simply Life

Sue/the view from great island said...

Love these! What I wouldn't give for a crepe making set-up like that. And your summer-lovin' pup looks pretty happy!

themoveablefeasts said...

Beautiful... I love that picture of fresh picked wild flowers, how lovely! And that crepe... oh my gosh. Looks like a wonderful summer, Stephanie!

kyleen said...

Mhmm I love crepes. Beautiful pictures (:

Dani said...

wow, this really looks like the perfect summer! Here in Germany it´s still very nice, sunny and warm so September has been very kind so far ;)

I´ve been to New England last fall and it was soooo amazing! We´ve also visited Maine and I just couldn´t get enough of all these beautiful and cute lighthouses!

Stephanie said...

Hi Dani, it was such a nice summer. Now I'm looking forward to the fall weather here :) Maine is one of my favorite places to visit. I'm lucky I live so close and yes, the lighthouses are beautiful. I've been to Germany once and it was beautiful as well. Your blog is wonderful by the way!